Win tickets to The Fresno Grizzlies, the... Enter Now
Bandgeek!: Royals and Rats, Bowties and Born Losers, Punks, pits and Cabin Fires
With the Fresnan taking early retirement there's a giant hole in the local entertainment bloggosphere. One we're gonna try to fill. Wish us luck. It's BANDGEEEEEK!!
Hope you like text links.
- Fulton 55 hosts the return of Canadian band Royal Canoe, with the much-hyped Sssssnake, plus our own much-loved Fierce Creatures and the Bay area's Coast Jumper. 8:30 p.m., $10 at door. (Flier link)
- Audie's Olympic hosts Casey Neil and the Norway Rats, with Victor Krummenacher (of Casper Van Beethoven) and local retro-rockers The Red Coats. 9 p.m., $7. (Flier link)
- Speaking of retro, Club Retro hosts self-described grizzly city deathcore band Messenger of the Covenant, with I the Deceiver, Tigerblood, Era of Desolance and For the Kill. 7 p.m., all ages. $10. (Flier link)
- Tommy Marquez, Sidney Dominici and the 14-year old Rielle Bonds play Kuppajoe Nightclub. $6 at the door, 8 p.m., all ages. (Flier link)
- Arte Americas winds down its Nights in the Plaza series with Texas vocal group Trio Los Vigilantes. 7 p.m., $10. (Flier link)
- Hot off a killer performance at the F.U.S.E. festival, it's the silky smooth blues stylings of Gayle and the Bowties. With Blue Crown, at the Starline. 9 p.m. $7. (Flier link)
- At Audie's Olympic it's local punk rock with The Giddy Ups, Born Loser, Sci-Fi Caper and (an awesome band) It'll Grow Back. 9 p.m. $5. (Flier link)
- Swiggs (that place on Shaw) has American Idol finalist Casey Abrams for a free acoustic show, presented by Alice 96.7. That starts at 8 p.m. (Flier link)
- At the Babylon Club it's the Punx for Pits benefit, for Fresno Bully Rescue. Final Threat, Beerwolf, Threat Level Rising, Beer Lordz, Benny and the Vets and Handlebarz. play. 7:30 p.m. $7 donation. (Flier link)
- State Faults (Santa Rosa), Missive, Corsiar, Dependence and (one of our favorites) Cabin Fire are at CYC. 7 p.m., all ages. (Flier link)
- Patrick Contreras and Lance Canales and the Flood co-headline the second annual benefit for West African Vocational Schools at Fulton 55. 8 p.m. $7 in advance, $12 day of show. (Flier link)
- In what is said to be its last show, the Brick Wall hosts swing band Scats on the Sly and singer/songwriter Pieter Moerdyk. 7:30 p.m., $7. (No flier link)
- It's a huge night of reggae with legends of the genre the Abyssinians with local Irie Sun at Audie's Olympic. 8 p.m., $12 at the door. (Flier link)
- And it's the first official Mike's Bikes Benefit concert, with six-plus local acts including Siren Singing, American Sanchez, Passion Bucket and more. 4 to 9 p.m. in the Revue Parking lot on Olive Ave. in the Tower District. (Flier link)
Well that's what we managed to find, but we admit we don't know everything. If you know of a band playing, a weekend event that's not on here, or you want to talk about what IS on here, please use the comment section of this post to its fullest!
You can also email me this blogger at: email@example.com