Sometimes we get stuff in the mail that is too good (well,... Enter Now
Bandgeek!: Zombies, zions, strange vines and the BIG Fresno Fair
With appologies to all our teeny-bopper readers (or maybe their parents at this point) we're going to go ahead and pretend that Justin Bieber isn't coming to town and proceed with our list of this weekend's musical happens.
So, let's get to it. Let's ... BANDGEEEEEEK!!
Aside from ArtHop and Jazzhop ...
- It's the Fresno Fair's third annual Local Performer Showcase, featuring Sidney Dominici, White Glove Service, Soul Intact, Mercury Bullet, Nowhere Near and Trey Tosh. This is on the Pavillion stage. (No flier link)
- On the Paul Paul stage, it's a night of Neil Young hating southern rock with Lynryd Skynryd (that's funny because of "Sweet Home Alabama.") 7 p.m. $40/$45. (No flier link)
- Down in the Vault at the Pacific Southwest Building, it's a free after hop dance party, featuring Briefs, Sea Shock and Ed_Word. 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- Fulton 55 has a night of hip-hop and dubstep (so y'all can quit asking me what it is) with the Shadow Boxing Tour, with Zion I, Minnesota and Vokab Kompany. 10 p.m. $20. (Flier link)
- It's gonna get noisey down at CYC with Satya Sena (for Oakland) with locals Fights Monsters, Fiend and Embrace the Nightmare. 7 p.m $4. All ages. (Flier link)
- Sahab plays the Neighbor Collective group exhibit at Faithful and True Tattoo Studio at the Iron Bird Lofts. 5 to 8 p.m. (Flier link)
- Love the Captive presents a night of indie rock with San Diego's The Silent Comedy, Strange Vine and Brother Luke and the Comrades. 9:30 p.m. $10 at the door. (Flier link)
- Sound N Vision Foundation presents the 20 Sided Records ( a D&D reference. Nice.) compilation release, with Quiet American, the San Joaquin Steamers, Smalls (San Luis), Rubedo (Denver), Pro-Wings, Sci-Fi Caper and The Fay Wrays. 8 p.m. at the Cellar Door. $7, $10 with CD. (Flier link)
- County music sensation Gary Allan plays at the Paul Paul theater as part of the Big Fresno Fair. 7 p.m. $24 and $30. (No flier link)
- It's the Second Annual Breast Fest Music and Arts Festival at Full Circle Brewing Company, featuring more than a dozen bands, including White Glove Service, B Rawcity, The Dirty Stomp and more. 5:30 p.m., $12, 21 and up. (Flier link)
- At Audie's Olympic it's a punk/metal benefit show for Steve Ball with Handlebarz, Stench of Lies, Beer Wolf and Jay Smith Biatch. 9 p.m. $7. (Flier link)
- Say goodbye to The Lamp Post with a crazy night of rock! Down Word, Renegade Conspiracy and Clockwork Hero (from Stockton) play. 9 p.m. No cover. (No flier link)
- The Big Fresno Fair hosts hip-hopper Lamar Kendrick at the Paul Paul theater. 7 p.m. $10 or $15 (No flier link)
- Redwave Tattoo hosts its 6th anniversary party with American Sanchez and Fields of Prey. 7 p.m. at Redwave Tattoo on Blackstone Ave. (Flier link)
- It's rockabilly with punk-rock edge with The Rocketz from LA, plus Los Creepers ep release, with The Silver Shine (from f'in Budapest) and local Benny and the Vetts. At Audie's Olympic, 9 p.m. $10 (Flier link)
- Blake Jones and the Trike Shop kicks off a three-week residency at Tokyo Garden, with The Condors from L.A. and songwriter Mathew Embry from Santa Cruz. 9 p.m. $5. (Flier link)
- It's a new wave dance party with Big Brother at Fulton 55. 8 p.m. $8. (Flier link)
- Way down south, it's Visalia's 4th Annual Zombie Ball and Crawl, featuring music by Oakland's Memphis Murder Men and It'll Grow Back. AT Howie and Sons Pizza. 6:30 p.m. $5 for zombie, $7 for the living. (Flier link)
- It's the Jacuzzi Presents, comedian Sean O'Connor, with music from Gayle and the Bowties, 8:30 p.m. $10. At Fulton 55. (Flier link)