Win tickets to The Fresno Grizzlies, the... Enter Now
Bandgeek!: Beastmakers, mongrels, coffee lovers and more from the Big Fresno Fair
While you're busy prepping for the big Daughtry/3 Doors Down concert coming to the Save Mart Center in December (or the Fashawn led Grizzly Fest 2012), we're here to make sure you know what's happening right now, this weekend.
So, let's get to it. Let's BANDGEEEEEK!!
- Diehardz music presents metal super group Attika 7 at the Babylon Club. With locals Renegade Conspiracy, Undying Will, Violent Serenade, Down Word, South of Sanity and Hot Shade. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. $10 in advance. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- Religious Appeal presents Achievement House's EP release, with a solid lineup that includes The Quiet Americans, Light Thieves and rapper/comic Boney Beezly. This is in the Vault of the Pacific Southwest Building on the Fulton Mall. 7 p.m. $5. (Flier link)
- At Audie's Olympic it's a night of metal with Hymn of Rlyeh, Beastmaker and Manodiablo, 9 p.m. $6. (Flier link)
- It's classic rock cover tunes from 51 Aces at the Raisin Hell Ranch next to ApCal Winery. 7 p.m., all ages. (Flier link)
- Thai Palms host Homegrown Friday. This week it's Mongrel City, Chris Patrick Chamblee and Saving Temperance. 8 p.m. 21 and up. This is a free show. (Flier link)
- And at the Fresno Fair it's rock band (and Fresno fair favorites. It seems they come every other year) Chevelle. 7 p.m. $15 or $20. (No flier link)
- Blake Jones and the Trike Shop do round two of their three-week residency at Tokyo Garden. This week they have the Kavanaghs from Argentina, and Fresno's loudest band Sparkle Jet. 9 p.m. $5. (Flier link)
- A big show of local favorites, Cafe Corazon presents For the Love of Coffee, featuring Fierce Creatures, Patrick Contreras, Strange Vine, Coast Jumper, Sahab, Gayle and the Bowties, Down Word, Goodnight TX, and Aisle Culture. Show starts at 4 p.m. and runs until midnight. $5 to $30. At Fulton 55. (Flier link)
- Rock band Last Great Nation invades the Starline, with Let Sleepers Lie, 30 Ways to Insane and Snuggleblade. 8 p.m., $10, 21 and up. (Flier link)
- Central Valley Area Derby presents its year-end bout at Full Circle Brewing Company, featuring the Fresno Zombie Society and a special appearance by It'll Grow Back. 8 p.m. $10 in advance, $12 at the door. (Flier link)
- It's the Second Annual Indian Summer Blues Festival at ApCal Winery, featuring Bay area legend Ron Thompson and his Resistors, The Hellhounds and Lake Bottom Nails. 5 p.m., $10, 21 and up. (Flier link)
- Local hardcore at the CYC. It's the album release show for Compassion. Reliance, Death of a Legend, Limits, Farooq and Era of Desolance also play. 6 p.m., $4. All ages. (Flier link)
- At the fair, it's teeny bopper heaven with Ariana Grande playing the early show on the Paul Paul stage. With opener Ryan Beatty (two seconds from being super famous) 1 p.m. $12. (No flier link)
- That night it's hip hop up and comer Tyga. 7 p.m. $15 or $20. (No flier link)
- Art Silva is promoting Funday Sunday at Fulton 55, where you can watch the season 3 premiere of The Walking Dead, plus beer pong, Zombie shooters and live music TBA. Starts at noon. This is a free event. (No flier link)
That's what we found. If you've done better, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.